The following article contains some of the more common variables that can be used in a Workflow or Function.
- Returns the current hour.
- Returns the current minute.
- Returns the current seconds.
- Returns the day of the week in a numerical value, where Monday = 1, Tuesday = 2, etc.
- Returns the current month as a numerical value, where January = 1, February = 2, etc.
- Returns the current 4 digit year.
- Contains the dialed number.
- If placing an outbound call, this would contain the number the system or agent called.
- If receiving an inbound call, this would contain the number the customer dialed to enter the system.
- Contains the caller ID.
- If placing an outbound call, this would contain the caller ID from the campaign.
- If receiving an inbound call, this would contain the customer’s caller ID.
workitem.businessEvents.BusinessEventName Replace BusinessEventName with the name of the Business Events to compare against.
Note: As the Business Events name is used in a variable, there cannot be any spaces or - in it’s name.
- Will return true if the current time falls inside the time range specified in the Time Events that are contained in the BusinessEventName.
- Will return false if the current time falls outside the time range specified in the Time Events that are contained in the BusinessEventName.
- Contains the type of the current workitem.
- Some of the values are:
Note: As these values are strings, the single quotes must be used when using them in a condition
- Contains the subject field of an email workitem.
workitem.data.VariableName Replace VariableName with the name to assign your user defined variable.
- Any user defined variable that has been created in the workflow will be stored in workitem.data.VariableName
- Contains the value of the priority that as been assigned to the contact.
- When using a Direct Connect component to dial by extension, this value will return a result of 2 if the extension exists and a result of 0 if the extension is not found
- Returns true is an inbound SMS message has a form of the word ‘Yes’.
- Returns the current SMS message that was just received.
- Returns the last 10 digits from variable contained in the variable workitem.from
- When using the Queue Data component, will contain the number of users that are currently logged in to the queue specified.
- When using the Queue Data component, will contain the number of users that are currently available in to the queue specified.
What’s a Rich Text element?
The rich text element allows you to create and format headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, images, and video all in one place instead of having to add and format them individually. Just double-click and easily create content.
Static and dynamic content editing
A rich text element can be used with static or dynamic content. For static content, just drop it into any page and begin editing. For dynamic content, add a rich text field to any collection and then connect a rich text element to that field in the settings panel. Voila!
How to customize formatting for each rich text
Headings, paragraphs, blockquotes, figures, images, and figure captions can all be styled after a class is added to the rich text element using the "When inside of" nested selector system.